1. 该项目设计共 1150 万元，历时6个月投入使用。
2. 该项目的成功，为DPWT和 DELL将来的进一步合作做了很好的铺垫，DPWT与业主结下了非常牢固的合作关系和友谊。
Nowadays, the giant multi-national corporate companies not only focus to manifest a workplace concept in adapting to market demands for flexibility and cost efficiency, but also need to develop a tool for strengthening the brand on a broader base by maintaining a high design profile. The reception in the office is the first encounter area with the corporate business, therefore, this area must present a clear picture to the world that the corporate represents and creates the feelings that are associated with the brands. Besides, the corporate philosophy, strategic planning and technology advancement can be imprinted to the visitor’s memory more effectively. In this connection, the corporate brand should permeate every aspect of the building interiors of this important area.
This concept is manifested as a brand-new image of reception for Dell headquarter Office in China recently. The briefing for the reception is to realize Dell corporate image and branding, at the same time, the significant achievement in technology advancement should be well addressed. The spatial planning and the circulation of employee should be redefined for better control. In addition, the near-by staff canteen with supporting restroom facilities will be upgraded as well.
End user value
The chosen design is an up-to-date and yet timeless expression which well match with Dell image. Monotone color, simplicity design language, modern material like aluminum panel and wood veneer are the major material used in the selected design.
The reception is cladded with corrugated linear aluminum panel and grey mirror at the vestibule area. The L shape reception counter is in a monolithic marble to welcome every visitor for registration. Card readers are all installed next to the reception for the entry of Dell staff. The TV on the wood veneer wall facing reception constantly showcases Dell achievement and culture to the customers and projects a forward-looking image. Various Dell branding posters are installed next to the TV to foster a technological advance image. Strip LED lighting on the veneer wall echoes well with the aluminum panel wall. Numerous sizes of aluminum ceiling panels are installed with embedded ceiling lighting enhance a technological and cutting-edge feeling.
The open area is designed with 8-10 people table seating in an organized planning. Grey and white aluminum ceiling panel are installed with pattern to give an order and clean composition which echoes well with the floor tile pattern. Monotone color chairs with different grey tone are randomly placed to give a more dynamic mixing. Dell posters are installed as the backdrop to fence off the open kitchen zone.
A small convenience store selling daily consumer goods is designed next to the canteen to provide a cozy area for a coffee after lunch. Bench with pendent lightings are installed facing the window to enjoy the exterior view. Modern chic bar stools bring a stylish impact.
As a whole, the design projects an open feeling, be up-to-date and a timeless expression which truly express Dell image and value.
In order to meet the low budget, the whole design is not to select expensive material like marble, instead, long lasting, recycle and environmental material like corrugated metal and environmental wood veneer. Rubbish are all carefully classified and disposed in different containment. The cost is a balance of interior decoration and the E/M services to ensure both wellness and practical function concern can both be met.
This Dell office highly promotes the importance of branding and reception design to strengthen and imprint a good memory to the visitors. Dell sets up this new standard for branding and professional image and this will evitability influence the other cooperates to provide better working mode and facilities for their staff.
The project is in charged by 5 core teams including interior, E/M and QS. In the beginning, the design team will work closely with client to provide options of layout, 3D rendering, material sample to settle the design proposal. Once confirmation is granted, the project management team will work with E/M engineers and QS to have construction drawing and quotation for client approval. During construction stage, designer and engineer will closely monitor the project progress to ensure due completion. Regular and ad-hoc meeting will arrange to ensure good communication to solve site problem.
1. The construction fee is 11.5 million with 6-month construction time
2. The interior fitting out part of the Dell Xiamen Office designed by DPWT Design Ltd.
3. The design process of the Dell Xiamen Office is as follows:
1) Site inspection and discussion with client: DPWT carry out site inspection to have an understanding of site condition. Communication with the client to understand their needs and prepare the onwards design concept.
2) Layout plans and renderings: According to the result of site survey and the communication with the client, DPWT then prepare the drawings and renderings with internal review. The final confirmation is granted after around 3-4 presentations.
3) Construction drawings and selection of materials: the construction drawing was prepared after the approval of layout plans and renderings by client.
4) Phasing of construction: regular site inspection is conducted in weekly basis
5) Completion of construction and opening: the final outcome receives a very positive feedback from client.
The project is carried out in several stages to ensure the normal function and running of Dell building. The overall construction period is around 6 months. The first stage is to upgrade the reception lobby while the second stage involves the staff canteen renovation. Restroom refurbishment is at the last stage.
1. The final outcome of this project receives a very positive feedback from client and the other DELL project in different locations in China adopted this new type of design approach
2. The success of this project not only enhances DPWT's status in the client side, but also underpinning a good cooperation foundation between the two parties in the future.
3. The design effect of this project, not only acts as an advertising project to showcase DPWT design ability, but also provides the potential business opportunities for DPWT in joint projects with other companies