1. 该项目设计共 1000万元，历时3个月投入使用。
2. 该项目的成功，为DPWT和 DELL将来的进一步合作做了很好的铺垫，DPWT与业主结下了非常牢固的合作关系和友谊。
DELL, as one of the most Avant IT giant companies in the world, has extended its footprint in China in the past several decades. The office in Shanghai has been expanded several times following the rapid growth of business in China and DELL determines to consolidate all offices and laboratories in Shanghai into a single regional headquarter office for easy management and to project a forward-looking corporate image to the world.
The brief is to accommodate the normal requirement of workstations (350 number), reception, supporting facilities like meeting rooms, conference rooms, stores, IT rooms and copy rooms. Besides, some laboratories like easement room and leisure collaboration area are also provided
It is a pre-requisite condition for new offices nowadays to be functional, efficient and yet delivering high productivity. However, besides these practical considerations, a wellness working environment should also be a very important issue in the design manifestation process. The balance of practicality and creativity is important in establishing a working model for office in this epoch. The importance of the wellness working conditions by providing different way of working conditions such as focus working, collaboration and leisure meeting and project team working. All these new design concepts are employed for their office in Shanghai.
The whole design has delivered a modern, efficient and wellness office with a totally new look of reception for Dell. the value towards the end user is listed as below：
The reception counter is designed in a linear clear console to welcome everyone. The white marble projects a clear and professional image. The customer waiting area is opposite to the reception counter which is decorated with walnut strip backdrop and a LED to broadcast DELL achievement and promotional items.
General office, collaboration area, meeting room and phone room
The open area can facilitate the sharing of workstations and divide into different teams according to different business units. Cabinets are provided along the corridor for privacy concern. White board and pin board are provided along the corridor for short discussion. The circulation is designed in a clear and efficient planning pattern. 2 main circulation corridors are formed with 3-4 collaboration areas for leisure meetings, phone booths and individual working area to provide different variety of working mode. People can meet, chat and it encourages having social integration among the staff. Short, spontaneous meetings among colleagues can be held here, which provides a relax and inviting environment with working bench and meeting tables. Open ceiling with pendent lightings gives a chic and airy ambience.
The different way of working can highly increase the productivity and encourage the idea sharing and exchange. The dynamic setting of each collaboration area becomes a focus gathering place in the office.
Canteen is a relaxing and good gathering place in the office. Different way of seating like sofa bench, bar area and normal height table are provided. The open ceiling with hanging hexagonal lighting accentuates an airy environment. Team building photos are posted in the canteen to increase the ownership.
In order to meet the low budget, the whole design is not to select expensive material like marble, instead, long lasting, recycle and environmental material like metal environmental wood veneer and recycle carpet. Rubbish are all carefully classified and disposed in different containment. The cost is a balance of interior decoration and the E/M services to ensure both wellness and practical function concern can both be met.
This Dell office highly promotes a multi working mode with variation style. It encourages people to work in different areas with flexibility to increase the working efficiency. Dell sets up a new standard for workplace model and this will evitability influence the other cooperates to provide better working mode and facilities for their staff.
The project is in charged by three core teams including interior, E/M and QS. In the beginning, the design team will work closely with client to provide options of layout, 3D rendering, material sample to settle the design proposal. Once confirmation is granted, the project management team will work with E/M engineers and QS to have construction drawing and quotation for client approval. During construction stage, designer and engineer will closely monitor the project progress to ensure due completion. Regular and ad-hoc meeting will arrange to ensure good communication to solve site problem.
1. The construction fee is 10 million with 3-month construction time
2.The interior fitting out part of the Dell Shanghai Office designed by DPWT Design Ltd.
3. The design process of the Dell Shanghai Office is as follows:
1) Site inspection and discussion with client: DPWT carry out site inspection to have an understanding of site condition. Communication with the client to understand their needs and prepare the onwards design concept.
2) Layout plans and renderings: According to the result of site survey and the communication with the client, DPWT then prepare the drawings and renderings with internal review. The final confirmation is granted after around 3-4 presentations.
3) Construction drawings and selection of materials: the construction drawing was prepared after the approval of layout plans and renderings by client.
4) Phasing of construction: regular site inspection is conducted in weekly basis
5) Completion of construction and opening: the final outcome receives a very positive feedback from client.
The overall construction period of this project is 3 months. Due to the latest FS and statutory submission procedure being strengthened in Shanghai, the final statutory submission and inspection time is longer than before and it take an additional 2 months to complete.
1. The final outcome of this project receives a very positive feedback from client and the other DELL project in different locations in China adopted this new type of design approach
2. The success of this project not only enhances DPWT's status in the client side, but also underpinning a good cooperation foundation between the two parties in the future.
3. The design effect of this project, not only acts as an advertising project to showcase DPWT design ability, but also provides the potential business opportunities for DPWT in joint projects with other companies