Vantone Centre is located at the CBD financial hub at the downtown area in Tianjin. The prime location offers the best choice for international companies to have their footprint in this big city. Vantone center have the area of nearly 100,000 sqm of 34 storeys at a height of 184m. The shopping center is at the 3-level podium and basement 1. The whole center comprises of F&B, gymnasium, bookshop, sports and leisure shop. The sale center is to promote the Vantone center for the office and shopping part.
The sales center locates at the 1F of the Vantone center which temporarily occupying the construction site and therefore the available space is limited and the only access is from a restricted entry. The space available is in an odd shape and different function like reception, demo room, model display room, meeting room, pantry and internal office. Even the entrance with glass canopy is needed to design with special form and lighting effect. This is not only an interior project, but the external entrance with canopy need to design as well.
The first impression when entering a Showroom is the most important experience. Therefore, a totally new spatial experience is the key issue toward a successful design. Also, various experience of video and visual images will project a more direct and impressive memory to every guest, therefore, an experiencing centre with 180-degree projection is incorporated into this sales centre.
The entrance and lobby
As it is facing the busy main street, the design tries to provide a long vestibule entry which acts as a buffer area before the patron enter into the reception lobby, the vestibule is cladded in white aluminum cladding with light trough along the wall and ceiling, just like a time tunnel. The reception is cladded with stone on the wall which project an office reception lobby to the patrons.
Once entre into the reception, the journey begins by entering into the demo room which a short film introducing the whole project is shown in this area, after that, one enters into the main exhibition area where a model with surrounded lighted exhibition board. The lighted boards show all the technical detail of the development which the model can give a very good visual understanding to the visitors of the building outlook and appearance. After reviewing this, one can further sit down in the nearby meeting room to further discuss the detail.
The sales center is about 500sqm which is not a big space. It tries to incorporate reception, experiencing center, model room, meeting rooms and supporting office. Each function provides different design and aesthetic experience. The reception is designed as a more formal and grandeur area where marble is installed on the floor and wall. The experience is more in a virtual and scientific feeling. While the model room is in a more spacious and welcoming feeling. The meeting room is decorated with maple veneer to accentuate a home ambience.
The grandeur feeling in the reception is fostered by using marble at the wall and floor. The marble color is in beige tone which has a home and welcoming ambience. For the multi media center, a more scientific virtual aesthetic feeling is achieved by blue LED lighting, metal panel and charcoal carpet. The room is design in a round shape for the projection of the 180-degree video. For the meeting room, wooden veneer is extensively used to bring one a warm home feeling.
The entrance canopy provides a time tunnel experience to the viewer to separate the hustle environment by entering into a unique visual experience. The form of the canopy echoes well with the podium design. The internal design provides the various function like reception, meeting room, model stand show room. All these relate to the future development and can project a more direct impression to each visitor.
The Vantone sales centre had invited the CEO and numerous directors of other developer companies to attend the grand opening of this sales centre. It attract a lot of attention and positive comment due to the sales centre offering a brand new visual experience.
The design set out a totally new experience in visiting a showroom, it becomes a more dynamic, engaging experience with visual, virtual and vibrant impact. The spatial organization will provide various viewing quality, encourage the viewer to participate and involve. The exploration of scientific visual experience will connect the viewer and provide a more impressed memory.
The project is in charged by three core teams including interior, E/M and QS. In the beginning, the design team will work closely with client to provide options of layout, 3D rendering, material sample to settle the design proposal. Once confirmation is granted, the project management team will work with E/M engineers and QS to have construction drawing and quotation for client approval. During construction stage, designer and engineer will closely monitor the project progress to ensure due completion. Regular and ad-hoc meeting will arrange to ensure good communication to solve site problem.
1. The construction fee is 8 million with 4-month construction time
2. The interior fitting out part of the Vantone Tianjin Sales Center is designed by DPWT Design Ltd.
3. The design process is as follows:
1) Site inspection and discussion with client: DPWT carry out site inspection to have an understanding of site condition. Communication with the client to understand their needs and prepare the onwards design concept.
2) Layout plans and renderings: According to the result of site survey and the communication with the client, DPWT then prepare the drawings and renderings with internal review. The final confirmation is granted after around 3-4 presentations.
3) Construction drawings and selection of materials: the construction drawing was prepared after the approval of layout plans and renderings by client.
4) Phasing of construction: regular site inspection is conducted in weekly basis
5) Completion of construction and opening: the final outcome receives a very positive feedback from client.
The project inception to completion is in an extremely tight schedule of 4 months. During this period, numerous meeting, presentation and discussion are carried out at the same among designer, engineer, client and other vendor including furniture, carpet, security. The due completion of this project is a strong evidence of a well-organized project and design team.
1. The final outcome of this project receives a very positive feedback from client and the other Vantone project in different locations in China adopted this new design approach.
2. The success of this project not only enhances DPWT's status in the client side, but also underpinning a good cooperation foundation between the two parties in the future.
3. The design effect of this project, not only acts as an advertising project to showcase DPWT design ability, but also provides the potential business opportunities for DPWT in joint projects with other companies